CONNECTED TEACHING FELLOWS: 2015/2016
- 29 teachers in various subject areas from six schools participated.
- 18 curriculum-aligned project-based projects designed.
- 2000 students participated in the projects.
- Goal of PD is for teachers to design a project-based, curriculum-integrated activity in collaboration with Beam Center faculty.
- PD to include constructivist methodology and basic training in digital design and fabrication, circuitry, physical computing and curriculum integration.
- 40 hours/8 sessions total: 4 sessions of PD with Nancy Otero and Domain Specialist (sculptors, fabricators, programmers, etc.); 3 days of in-classroom implementation assisted by Domain Specialist; 1 day of curriculum documentation
- September-November: Training and Curriculum Development
- February-April: Curriculum Implementation: Spring Semester
- Interested participants receive offers to become paid Mentors for the next iteration of the program in 2016/2017
Laser Cutter History of Digital Fabrication Spaces, Soft Circuits and Soldering, Papert and Maker Playbook, Netlogo
Robotics and 3D Printing, Blisktein and Willisky, Coding/Processing
Project Plan with Domain Specialist: Idea Development and Prototype.